My dear friend, Bobb Biehl, reminds us often that for most people the 60’s are the most productive decade. (So that explains why we have no time to trim the backyard trees!) In fact, we have passed the mid-way point of this most productive decade and there is no slow-down in sight. Who wouldn’t want to be us? Well, let’s re-phrase a bit: We wouldn’t want to be anywhere or do anything else at this time in our lives. This is such an amazing season for us!
- We are grateful for a local church that gives us so many opportunities to mentor, teach and equip the generations. We recently celebrated our 21st anniversary at Campus Bible Church
- We are thankful that even at our age we are still being invited to travel and teach throughout the U.S. and abroad.
- We are encouraged to see our books and materials being used by so many.
- We are grateful the cancer on Jim’s nose was easily removed
- We are amazed at how God is giving our extended family grace to handle major health problems.
- We are blessed with a great marriage and, in March, grandchild #13 arrives. Yup—a baker’s dozen—another addition to a new generation to equip!
SO…WHAT’S UP, DOC?
- Regarding Local Ministry: Campus Bible Church’s ministries are healthy and growing. Our amazing elders, staff and ministry leaders are managing our multi-site ministries as well as our many outreach ministries in our community and around the world. Check out what’s happening at www.campusbiblechurch.com
- Regarding International Ministry: Trips are planned or being planned for Israel (February), Poland (May), Congo (May?), Philippines (August?), and Romania (Fall?). All of these are made possible by the generosity of our ministry partners and donors. Contact us for info about Israel!
REGARDING BOOKS AND MATERIALS
- The “Winning the Purity War: A Biblical Guide to Living in an Immoral World” is now in five languages (English, Polish, Czech, Romanian and French). Note: The French translation was done by a team of pastors from the Congo and will be primarily used in French-speaking Africa. We will also begin work in 2017 on translations in Spanish, Russian and Tagalog (Filipino) and other languages, as soon as the funds (approx. $4,000 each) are raised and skilled translators are found.
- “Men in Action” — our local leadership training program — has expanded globally. Besides churches here in the U.S. we are presently launching it in the United Kingdom, Germany, Romania and the Philippines. A published version of this twelve week curriculum will be made available worldwide in 2017.
- The “Mastering the Scriptures: A Self-Study Course in Effective Bible Study” is being used in churches and para-church organizations in the U.S., parts of Europe and soon to be distributed in the Philippines. Discussions are in progress about translating it into Polish, Czech and Romanian.
- “Wise Living in a Foolish Age: Studies in the Book of Proverbs.” Progress is being made on a substantially expanded version of one of our most popular titles. Hope to have it out in 2017.
- The Emotions: God’s Energizers” Plans are also in the works for a new book on the emotions (e.g. anger, fear, loneliness, jealousy, etc.).
- MP3s and MP4s. In addition to all of our printed media, we now offer downloads of MP3s and MP4s. A number of these messages are also available in a dozen other languages. Check out www.puritywar.com or www.jaron.org
SO…WHAT DO YOU GUYS NEED?
It’s a great question! Without hesitation, we ask that you join us in praying for continued strength, wisdom and intimacy with God and each other. We also need you to pray for our ministry finances both at JARON General and our particular ministry account. In the midst of all the praise for God’s provision of opportunity, He keeps us utterly dependant on Him for the finances to do all this ministry. Oh, how we wish ministry travel and training material development was free. Instead the costs keep rising almost in direct proportion to the needs. The older we get the more we realize just how amazing God is. He has met every need in His timing and in His unique way. So, we ask you, with complete confidence in Him, to participate in God’s financial provision for this ministry. Use the response slip below or donate on-line at www.jaron.org. Thank you for partnering with us. We truly believe “…God will supply all of our needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
To God be the glory for the great things He has done, is doing and will do — in this decade and beyond!
Jim and Karon Cecy